Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Signature Fluted Edge Zucchini Pizza

From Betty's Kitchen.....
At the Italian Kitchen Table......
This is my Signature Fluted Edge Zucchini Pizza.

I personally love a fully covered pizza! An excellent vegetarian choice.....

My mom used to make her own pizza dough( God Rest Her Soul). However, now you can buy pizza dough at the local bakeries at 2 lbs for $1.00. So I usually buy the dough. My baker also has 9 grain dough.

I let the dough rise, spread it on an oil sprayed round pizza pan and flute the edges. Then I spread my pizza sauce lightly around the dough pushing it out to the edges. I then topped the pizza with broiled zucchini infused with chopped onion and chopped tomato with a few slices of tomato on the top.

Pizza Sauce: Saute chopped onion with chopped garlic. salt and pepper with a few red hot pepper seeds until onion is translucent. Add Crushed Tomato and simmer for a short time to incorporate the flavors.

Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees....Yumlicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment